Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Miss D. Meanor

We are always down for a road trip! When I drive, I love to get there as fast as I can, or at least I used to drive that way. I always thought my chances of getting pulled over was low. But one day while driving in VA, I got pulled over for reckless driving, which is punishable by up to a year in jail. My heart felt like it got hit with a sledge hammer. I tried to picture what it would be like if I had to go to jail. I would be crushed to be away from my family. Oh, my poor wife would have to move in with my mom and probably get a job because I wouldn’t be able to support my wife and kids. Of course my wife was freaking out, “I don’t want you to go to jail!!!” “Dear, neither do I !!!” 
Thankfully, a couple months later, I had the ticket reduced to a speeding ticket and just had to pay a fine. I felt free! 
Now, since I got off of the misdemeanor and know how to get it reduced, do I go out and speed even faster? Do I drive reckless everywhere I go because I got out of it once? No way, first I never drive in VA again, but second I learned from my mistake and slowed down. My family and future is not worth the need for speed. 
Its the same way as Christians. Do we continue to live the life that leads to death? Or do we live in the power of Christ? Salvation is freely given to those who ask, but our lives are no longer ours, but Christ’s. Paul says we were once slaves to sin, now let us be slaves to Righteousness. (Rom 6:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave Comment Here